Tech Alliance: Central Oregon's Technology Association
Who Are We?
The Tech Alliance represents the interests of member businesses and user groups in promoting and providing support to the growing Central Oregon technology community. Run by a volunteer Board of Directors from local tech and business leaders in the Central Oregon area, the Alliance has partnered with SAO (Software Association of Oregon), a well-respected statewide non-profit organization serving Oregon’s software, hardware, online, IT, and other technology firms. The Tech Alliance is also proud to work closely with EDCO (Economic Development for Central Oregon).
A 501(c)(6) tax-exempt organization, the Tech Alliance is funded via memberships, sponsorships, and donations from local businesses that share a common interest in local tech community growth and economic development.
We’re developing a strategic plan for achieving short and long term goals that support our mission. With the help of corporate and individual members and sponsors, we will promote and support the Central Oregon technology community though:
- Support existing and future technology user groups (financial and organizational help if needed)
- Offer education and training
- Provide networking events and opportunities
- Build a portal website listing technology groups & members, plus technology-related events
- Mentor technology companies and start-ups
- Connect technology entrepreneurs with venture capitalists and angel investors
- Source interesting keynote speakers for special events
- Partner with key business, educational leaders, EDCO and other area non-profit organizations
As SAO chapter members, Tech Alliance member companies are eligible for the same comprehensive set of benefits other SAO chapter members enjoy, including SAO’s health insurance coverage, discounts to professional training workshops and eligibility to participate on forum leadership committees. There are many business development and professional development benefits from membership and involvement with the Tech Alliance.
Most importantly, your membership will help unify the technology community in the region and financially support groups that make up our local technology community -- groups like COISUG, COWPU, WoTech, BendTech, and the Project Managers’ Roundtable. To join, contact the leadership team or Bryce Yonker at SAO ([email protected]).
That's okay. We still want you to get involved! Come and meet with fellow technologists and help us to support the success of Central Oregon's tech community.